Wednesday, August 19, 2009

random thoughts

http://www.style.com/stylefile/category/candy-goes-to-bollywood/

http://www.lakmefashionweek.co.in/index.php?main_page=index

Candy, on Style.com, Vogue’s website, makes a good point about Mumbai – it’s a place where there’s an awareness of tradition and at the same time an eagerness to be a part of the future. I think that’s what fascinates me so much about India. That, and the romance and mystery of it all – the traditional clothes just capture my imagination, take me back to legendary times. I’m excited to see how India will continue to blend tradition with modernity. I want to be a part of that. I’m all about that…

Pink is the navy blue of India, she says. Good, because that’s my favourite colour. Hot pink, though.

I’m also excited to see how India and America will get along in the years to come – that relationship is very interesting. They started dating in the 60s, of course, and now they’re getting serious, it looks like. Further cultural fusion is going to be very fun to see, in music, food, and clothes.

India’s about to take off. I am SO on that plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment