Friday, September 11, 2009

and the journey continues


Yay, I finished the first course and am still excited about this pursuit! The next one starts on monday and I just registered a couple of days ago. The final projects aren't as exciting - we have to make a sweat suit and a wool skirt, but the prospect of learning how to handle different materials is.


And right now for some reason I just want to climb on my stylish soapbox and vent a little bit about all the opinions I've been receiving about this pursuit, from the beginning. i wish people would be more mindful of what they say and when they say it. we are too reactive in our society, and often stupid in our reflexive, thoughtless reactions. from the woman who failed at her own attempt to be a fashion designer and shot me down (completely!) when I first got the idea four years ago, to my well-meaning-but-annoying-friends who know zilch about the business but have lots of (retarded) suggestions to my mom...let's not even get started on that one! but my favourite has to be the response of a lovely couple who are family friends who said, 'oh, that's nice' when i told them what i wanted to do and then suggested that i become an RCMP officer. i suppose i'm just irritated at how difficult it has been to rally support for myself. why do i have to convince my close people?

No comments:

Post a Comment