Saturday, September 19, 2009

back to school :)

So I went for my first Level 1 Garment Construction class last night (the one I documented in the summer was Introductory). It turned out to be the same teacher from my first class, which was great. There were also a bunch of students from that class as well, but not everyone, and she congratulated us on making it to the next level as not everyone did. I felt quite proud of myself. And now I'm not intimidated by the machines anymore! Which is major, because that's half the battle. Industrial machines are beasts. Let's not even talk about industrial sergers.



So glad I stuck it out - feels good to be moving up and on with this. And the new season of Project Runway just started too - what a coincidence! Well, not really. It's almost fall. But I like how everything's lining up. September issue of Vogue, the movie "The September Issue" coming out now, Project Runway, my class.everything starting.yeah I see the connections I want to see. It's meant to be, in my mind. And that's where it counts!



I had a Sunny sighting in the summer - he was in the neighbourhood for Pride. What? You don't know Sunny Fong, winner of Project Runway Canada??? He's a god. I was rooting for him to win, because he's brilliant, and then he did, and it felt like there was a little justice and harmony in the world.



Michael Kors (judge on Project Runway and if you don't know what else he does I don't want to talk to you) said that the show would let people see how insane fashion people are. I was like, huh? Am I insane, because I don't find anything about the show to be insane. At all.



There's a lady in my class who has designated herself as The Character. She jabbers a lot, at random moments. I saw her get into a verbal catfight with another student last semester, over 'her seat' in the sewing lab. But she pales in comparison to the guy who used to wear shiny spandex leggings.



Ah, fashion people.

No comments:

Post a Comment