Friday, August 7, 2009

i think there is a god

So I found another sewing studio online, and one of their instructors was available to help me and we booked an appointment for tomorrow. I took a vacation day today, hoping she'd be available today as well, and didn't find out until this morning. Of course I slept in like an idiot, and made a mad dash out the house when I got her confirmation message.

Big news - THE SKIRT IS DONE. She's an angel. And so nice and encouraging too, telling me what a great job I was doing, etc. She didn't watch the clock either, and told me I could come early tomorrow as well. Oh God, the relief flooding through my limbs...I really thought I might not be able to get these done, and that would have felt awful. I can't fail at this, not now. I really do have something to prove. I have to get somewhere with this - it's my heart's dream. I have to carve out a space for it.

So now I'm exhausted but happy and feeling like maybe I'm not crazy after all? I swear, this has been such an insane ride. The tunic is looking kind of beautiful, actually - I put the silver trim on the neckline today. I think I could very happily spend the rest of my life making beautiful things. And wearing them.

(why do people clip their fingernails on the streetcar???? it's so disgusting. both ways, there was someone doing it. ewwwwwww.)

No comments:

Post a Comment