Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pressed and stressed!


My deadline is LOOMING...next Monday! And I am so stressed out. It is SO important to me that I complete something, even if it's just one of the two garments due. Other people are behind too, because our course schedule got messed up due to a couple of long weekends and people going away, but I really think I'm behind everyone. Especially since I'm such a perfectionist, I didn't want to hand in crappy stuff.


I feel like The Little Engine That Could. Chugging away! Oh well, some people dropped it. And I don't have a machine at home to practice :( I need a machine. This is so so discouraging!!!


And now the woman at the studio who was supposed to help me out tomorrow night bailed on me and passed me on to her colleague, who lives pretty far and is only available at weird times. I guess I could use one of my vacation days and take Friday to sew...aaaaah! I don't know what to do!!!!!! I suppose I could try to do stuff on my own, with the help of the pictorial sewing guides I got from the library, but don't want to screw up. I want the finished products to be just about as perfect as they can be, since I'll have to wear them after. If I didn't have to wear them, I'd chance it...maybe. Nah, probably not. The fabric is too pretty to waste.


If I'm this neurotic about finishing a basic garment construction course, what's going to happen when I do my first fashion show???? Lololol...time to learn some basic stress management along with the basic sewing techniques!


(photo - a Sabyasachi Mukherjee outfit. Sabyasachi Mukherjee - a "crossover" designer based in Mumbai.)

No comments:

Post a Comment