Monday, August 30, 2010

Is it time to give this up?

I took a break from the sewing for the summer, thinking I could take some time to prepare for the next course and hopefully find my enthusiasm again.  Well, I didn't prepare at all, and I think my little spark of a dream has been snuffed out.  Every single conversation I have with anyone in the industry is all doom and gloom, no hope at all. 

The next class starts in a week and I haven't registered yet.  I'm struggling with myself.  I swear, this has got to be the most frustrating thing I've ever done.  I want to go for it, but how can I?  It's obviously a high-risk career option, and rather expensive to boot. 

But that's just it, isn't it?  We don't dream about things that are realistic, prudent, and within reach.  For a dream to hold your attention, it has to be just that - a dream.  Fantastic, cloaked in an aura of near-impossibility, defying common sense and realism.  Dreams serve as a north star, a means of giving us enough magic to keep going.

So will I take the next course?  Who knows...let you know in a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment