Saturday, October 10, 2009

ebb and flow

I'm feeling kind of discouraged because I'm behind already. I had to miss last Monday's class because of a huge event at work and it really kind of sucks because I don't have my teacher's contact info or anything - she doesn't give it out. Luckily my backup instructor is available tomorrow so she'll help me catch up a bit.

Life is a juggling act. I mean, my heart is here, with the fashion, but obviously my full-time job comes first and I couldn't exactly bail on my team last Monday for sewing class, much as I would have liked to. I just keep hoping that life will give me a break one of these days and it will feel like less of a struggle to do this.

On the other hand, however, I am going to spend a weekend in NY with my amazing mentor who got me to pursue this in the first place, and she knows a girl who's studying at FIT, and has invited her to stay over for a night as well. I'm a little intimidated, but here's hoping she'll be encouraging and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment